|Please review the following admissions requirements to apply for the degree. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Cedric Stone.
- Must have completed a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Minimum GPA from Bachelor's degree is 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Complete the following general business prerequisites with a minimum grade of C
- Accounting Principles I
- Accounting Principles 2
- Principles of Marketing
- Information Systems (or proficiency in Microsoft Excel)
- Business Statistics
- Managerial Science
Philander Smith College (PSC) has prepared an admission-friendly practice in the condition that an applicant does not meet all the admission requirements through the provision of an alternative solution to assist prospective students with acceptance into our program.
Interested applicants will have the opportunity to take supplemental courses through Peregrine Global at the affordable cost to the applicant of $49 per module (course). Through this collaborative effort, Peregrine Global is offering leveling modules that provide foundational knowledge and skills in a broad range of business education topic areas.
PSC encourages all applicants to apply regardless of whether their undergrad GPA was less than 3.0, they are a non-business major seeking entrance into the MBA program, and/or they need to refresh their knowledge of business education fundamentals.
Peregrine Global leveling modules will provide the foundational information to assist with meeting the course requirements for the PSC MBA program. After an evaluation of the applicant’s transcripts, the MBA Program Director will determine whether additional courses are needed through Peregrine Global and will assign the leveling modules for the applicant to complete.
Here's how the process works:
- The applicant will take a pre-test and if they receive an 80%, he/she/they will test out and receive a certificate of completion that can be submitted to the MBA Program Director.
- If the applicant does not receive the desired pre-test score of 80%, he/she/they will proceed with completing the assigned module. The applicant can complete a module in 4 to 6 hours before taking a post-test.
- The applicant will have two attempts to pass the post-test with the desired pass rate of 80%.
- For the undergrad applicant that does not meet the minimum 3.0 GPA, the MBA Program Director will evaluate his/her/their transcript to identify areas of concern and assign certain courses with Peregrine Global for the applicant to complete. Once that evaluation is complete, the undergrad applicant will follow steps 1-3 above.
Best wishes and we look forward to reviewing your application!