|Please review the following admissions requirements to apply for the degree. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Cedric Stone.
- Must have completed a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Minimum GPA from Bachelor's degree is 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Complete the following general business prerequisites with a minimum grade of C
- Accounting Principles I
- Accounting Principles 2
- Principles of Marketing
- Information Systems (or proficiency in Microsoft Excel)
- Business Statistics
- Managerial Science
Philander Smith College (PSC) has prepared an admission friendly practice for all applicants in the condition that someone does not meet all the requirements for admission into the MBA program.
PSC has provided an alternative solution to assist potential students with being accepted into our program. Interested applicants will have the opportunity to take supplemental course through Peregrine Global at the affordable cost to the applicant of $49 per module (course). Through this collaborative effort Peregrine Global is offering leveling modules which provides the foundational knowledge and skills in a broad range of business education topic areas.
PSC encourages all applicants to apply whether your undergrad GPA was less than a 3.0, if your non-business major seeking entrance into the MBA program, and/or if you need to refresh your knowledge of business education fundamentals. Peregrine Global leveling modules will provide you with the foundational information to assist you with meeting the course requirements for our program.
After an evaluation of the applicant’s transcripts, the MBA Program Director will determine if there are additional courses that need to be taken through Peregrine Global. The MBA Program Director will assign the leveling modules for the applicant to complete.
Here’s how the process works.
- The applicant will take a pre-test. If they receive an 80% on it, then they will test out and receive a certificate of completion that can be submitted to the MBA Program Director.
- If the applicant doesn't receive the desired pre-test score of 80%, then they will proceed with completing the assigned module. The applicant can complete a module in 4 to 6 hours and then take a post-test.
- The applicant will have two attempts to pass the post-test with the desired pass rate of 80%.
- For the undergrad applicant that does not meet the minimum 3.0 GPA, the MBA program Director will evaluate their transcript to identify areas of concern and assign certain courses with Peregrine Global for the applicant to complete. Then the undergrad applicant will follow steps 1-3 above.
Good luck and we look forward to reviewing your application!